Pink pepper is not essentially pepper, but is known as seasoning. This is an extraordinary addition to serious meat dishes and desserts. After you try it unlike taste, you will not be able to confuse it with anything. Fans of new kitchen connoisseurs will appreciate this seasoning, and it will become indispensable on the shelf.
Description and characteristics
Shinus - this is the name of the plant, which we call red pepper. In fact, This evergreen tree is a relative of cashew, mango and pistachio. Some species are shrubs, but most often, tall trees, from 10 to 15 meters. The plant lives on average 30 - 40 years old, has vine-like branches. Blooms once a year, yellow - white, or flowers with a greenish tinge, gathered in clusters.Pink pepper or Shinus in natural conditions
It is the flowers that later become green, white, and, finally, the red berries, which we used to consider pink pepper.
The plant is very thermophilic, and grows in many southern countries, but only the Brazilian pepper tree produces fruit that meet all the conditions to be considered seasoning.
Chemical composition and caloric content
This is truly an extraordinary plant, because it combines such a number of trace elements and vitamins that you can hardly find something similar to it. In its composition:
- All B vitamins;
- Vitamins PP;
- Vitamin E;
- Vitamin H;
- Vitamin C;
- Manganese, iron;
- Potassium and calcium;
- Phosphorus and sodium.
Per 100g dry berries account for:
- 5g of protein;
- 40g carbohydrate;
- 8g fat
Useful properties and disadvantages
Now it is possible to speak seriously of the beneficial properties of pepper to rose, since it has already gained confidence, and more and more reasons for its use appear in connection with the discoveries of culinary specialists, doctors, cosmetologists, as well as perfumers.
From home medicine, the properties of pink pepper are used as:Pink pepper has a tonic effect on the body, improves digestion, cardiovascular function and improves skin tone and elasticity.
- Antibacterial agent. Due to some properties, it is easy to fight diseases caused by the activation of bacteria;
- Antiviral agent. Vitamins, as part of shinus significantly increase the body's resistance;
- Astringent and tonic;
- Antipyretic and antispasmodic.
In cooking, such properties are especially in demand:
- Delicate aroma and unobtrusive taste. It helps to complement the taste of the dish, and not replace it;
- Improves appetite facilitates the work of the gastrointestinal tract, which is important when combining different dishes during feasts;
- To reveal the taste, can not be subjected to heat treatment. This is important for adherents of healthy nutrition, convenient for making salads, drinks;
- It has a few woody smellwhich greatly improves the taste of fish and meat.
Cosmetics, both created at home and in industry, having a tire in the composition, most often aimed at combating problems such as:
- Skin problems different nature;
- Improvement skin color;
- Lift skin;
- Oily hair and dandruff;
- Postpartum stretch marks.
Of the disadvantages of this plant you can select only the fact that this seasoning is a strong allergen, and you should definitely check its effect before using in large quantities.
How to choose pink pepper
Fortunately, the shelves are full of a variety of spices, and we have no need to search for a particular product. Spice market vendors are building bright stalls, luring natural flavors.Pink pepper in the package
How to choose a pink pepper, so that after the purchase you will not regret, but enjoy the cooked dish with a correctly opened bouquet.
There are several rules to follow that you will never be disappointed in seasoning:
- Date of collection and preparation. Be sure to check that the date of preparation was no later than three months - this should be especially carefully considered when buying ground shinus.
- Buy pink peppercorns - not ground, from pink to red color. If there are dark-colored grains in the package, it means that it is not high-quality pink pepper.
- Taste quality pink pepper - sweetish, slightly sharp, and in the aftertaste brings the aroma of light smoke, musk. You will easily understand this by rubbing peas with your fingers.
This delicate and fragrant seasoning and cosmetic is very subtle, and you should apply it carefully, otherwise, you have the opportunity not to get the desired result.
Mediterranean, Mexican, Brazilian and American cuisines actively use this seasoning, many, having tried dishes with this seasoning, are looking for an ideal variant of application.Pink pepper is used to enhance the taste of meat, poultry, fish dishes
Shinus, thanks to its light structure, conveys its aroma easily, therefore it does not need any special heat treatment. Most often, experienced chefs add finely ground seasoning to a hot dish before serving, so that the taste is revealed at the right time.
- For fish. Almost all varieties of sea fish with a dull flavor. Adds a slight smell of smoke, musk, a little spice, and reveals the taste of fish cooked on charcoal;
- Meat. Basically, at the time of submission, a small amount is ground into a hot dish. It is important to use the mill already above the soaring dish, and not to store the finished ground pink peas;
- For cold dishes, soups, as well as cold tonic drinks;
- Baking decoration. In addition to the bright and juicy structure of the decoration, it gives a certain zest to the berries pies and cupcakes.
Southern countries are actively using Shinus in the role of cosmetics. Almost all southern women know these basic assets. Most often, this is:Pink pepper essential oil has a therapeutic effect
- Homemade tonic, infused with alcohol. Help fight acne and acne;
- Ground pink pepper scrubs, prepared with the addition of cream, oils, honey, are beneficial for postpartum stretch marks, cellulite, skin irregularities;
- Ground pink mixed with honey and olive oil, put on the scalp, and keep the mask for half an hour. This is an excellent tool for hair growth and dandruff.
Harm and contraindications
In large quantities, Shinus is dangerous to health, as well as a strong allergen, so you should consult with your doctor, If you have a suspicion of such diseases as:
- Cardiovascular diseases;
- Blood pressure problems;
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Gastritis, or ulcers.
There is an opportunity to grow shimus at home, and enjoy high-quality spice and widely used in the economy.
Shinus is a wonderful seasoning, cosmetic, and aromatic plant. If you use it by all the rules, do not overdo it, then you can get only the benefits for your body.