Cucumber is a vegetable that can be found on every household plot.. To obtain a rich harvest, it is necessary to find the right place, prepare the soil and follow all the rules for growing this beloved and useful culture. The quantity and quality of the harvested crop depends on all this. In this article let's talk about cucumber varieties Claudia F1.
Description and characteristics of the Claudia variety cucumber
Claudia is a variety of cucumbers that produce fruits without pollination., as it has female-type flowers.
Claudia F1 - high-yielding and heat-loving variety, was bred in the 90s by hybridization. Fruiting occurs two months after the first shoots.
According to the description, the fruits have an elongated shape with small tubercles on the skin, up to 12 cm long and weighing up to 90 grams.
According to the characteristics of the pulp is dense, without bitterness and with a fragrant taste.The grade is high-yielding and thermophilic, does not need pollination
Advantages and disadvantages of cucumbers
Claudia F1 Cucumbers Loved by many gardeners because of the following:
- Tastes good because of the lack of bitterness in the fruit.
- Mid-season and high-yielding.
- The variety is resistant to cucumber diseases.
- It is cultivated both in open, and in the closed ground.
- The variety is good for making salads and is ideal for canning.
The disadvantages include only:
- Heat loving.
- The variety is not early maturing.
- Claudia F1 is susceptible to powdery mildew and cucumber mosaic.
To obtain a rich harvest, it is necessary with full responsibility to approach the choice of place and the quality of the soil for planting seeds or cucumber seedlings.
Properly chosen place increases seed germination and seedling survival rate:
- beds, for planting cucumbers in open ground, prepared in a well-lit place, without drafts;
- soil should be with neutral acidity, loose and moisture-intensive;
- when preparing the ridges in the fall, organic matter, in the form of manure, and phosphate-potassium fertilizers must be added to the ground;
- spring preparation - add compost or humus.
Planting and growing
Cucumbers can be planted in greenhouses and in open ground, seedling method and seeds.
Seed must be prepared before sowing. For this you need:
- Select quality seeds. Prepared seeds should be dipped in brine, after five minutes all the seeds that have been lowered are washed and dried.
- Seeds are soaked to nakleva, for this they are wrapped in a wet cloth.
- Seed warming. This procedure is necessary to obtain a larger number of female-type flowers.
- Disinfection - for good germination and getting rid of pathogenic bacteria. Prepared seeds are disinfected for 25 minutes, in a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
To plant Claudia F1 seeds in open ground, it is possible only after the soil is heated to 18-20 degrees.
To do this, it is necessary to make the beds 100 cm wide and 25 cm high. For such beds, seeds are sown in two rows at a distance of 15 cm from each other and to a depth of 2 cm.
Seedlings grow cucumbers to produce an earlier harvest:
- For seedlings seeds sown in mid or late April, depending on climatic conditions. The optimal time for sowing is one month before disembarking to a permanent place.
- Seeds are planted in a nutritious and moist soil.
- To accelerate germination, it is necessary to make a micro-greenhouse, where the temperature will hold about 25 degrees.
- After emergence of shoots watering is carried out using a spray, only after drying the topsoil.
- To prevent seedlings from being pulled, it is necessary to gradually lower the temperature.
- Before boarding a permanent place shoots need to harden. For this, seedlings are carried out to the open air for a few minutes.
The root system of cucumbers is quite fragile. Therefore, seedlings are recommended to grow in peat pots, in which they are planted in a permanent place.For seedlings sown in the middle or end of April, preferably in peat cups
The Claudia F1 variety cucumber will enjoy a generous harvest only if you follow non-complex care rules.
Care Claudia F1 grade is a garter, watering and loosening, fertilizing.
Since the variety is average, it must be properly formed and tied up. Garter significantly increases yield.
Side shoots are shortened at a length of 50 cm, and shoots of the second order should not exceed 15 cm.
How to shape cucumbers:
Watering and loosening
Watering cucumbers depends on climatic conditions:
- in hot weather spend daily watering in the morning or evening;
- in cloudy weather - once a week;
- each bush should be consumed up to 3 liters.
Soil loosening between the rows you need to ensure the ingress of air to the root system. This procedure is carried out every 14 days. Loosening is carried out after watering to a depth of 4-8 cm.Watering should be done exclusively at the root.
From the timely feeding depends on the quality and quantity of the crop.
The first two feedings spend with an interval of 10 days, before the start of fruiting. To do this, use the mineral dressing.
During the fruiting period The plant also needs a sufficient amount of nutrients. They are fed three times per season with an interval of 7-10 days, with organic and mineral fertilizers.
Top dressing is carried out in the morning after careful strait of a bush.
From organics ideal manure, diluted in water, in the ratio of 1:10 or concentrated solution of "Ideal" (0.5 liters per 50 liters of water).
Common mistakes when growing:
- Thickened landing.
- Failure of the garter and the formation of the bush.
- Irregular watering.
- Insufficient feeding of the bush.
- Late harvest.
Disease and Prevention
Variety Claudia F1 is immune to many diseases, but may be subject to powdery mildew and cucumber mosaic.
This is a fungal disease.affecting the leaves in the form of a white, powdery plaque. The fungus during reproduction takes all the micronutrients from the plant. When untimely assistance, the plant dies.
The disease can occur: with an excess of nitrogenous fertilizers and water on the leaves during watering.
The treatment consists in spraying bush fungicides or folk methods.
Viral disease - affects the leaves and fruits. They take on a yellow-green color and eventually begin to shrink.
In order to save the plant, need to transplant it to another place.Cucumber mosaic on the leaves
Harvesting and storage rules
Harvesting cucumbers begin when the fetus reaches 12 cm. For a rich harvest, the fruits are removed once every 2 days.
Since Claudia is not prone to overgrowing, the crop can be removed at intervals of 3 days. Only fruits are removed from the bush, the stalks are left on the stems.
The fruits of the Claudia variety are stored in the refrigerator for about 30 days., they retain all their useful properties.
Ripe fruits are ideal in salads and preserves.. Their even and slightly bumpy surface, as well as their small size, make it possible to preserve them in small oak barrels.
With all the rules of growing and caring for cucumbers, get a rich and high-quality crop. With proper preservation, cucumbers will delight with a crunch throughout the winter.