The article provides a description and description of the variety of tomatoes Japanese crab: its distinctive features, advantages and disadvantages, agrotechnical requirements.
The regular garden season has come to an end. The owners of personal plots are summing up, assessing luck and failures, making plans for the future. And you can already worry about updating the set of varieties in the future season. Such a novelty in the greenhouse can be tomato varieties Japanese crab.
This variety has already attracted the attention of vegetable growers, because everyone who has tried its fruits at least once becomes its constant admirers. It is considered one of the best tomatoes for salads from all known.
Description and characteristic of a grade of a tomato Japanese crab
Its authors are breeders of the Altai company "Demetra-Siberia". Japanese crab was bred for cultivation in the harsh conditions of the Siberian climate about 10 years ago.
Sort mid season, it can be grown both in film shelters and greenhouses, and in open ground, because It is able to withstand temperature extremes. In the absence of frost and low temperatures, fruits can be collected until November.
- Crop ripens approximately after 110-115 days after emergence of shoots;
- Tall and indeterminate (unlimited height);
- Requires garter and pasynkovaniya;
- The best results are given by formation in 1-2 stems;
- Rose fruit;
- Fruits are large, the weight of one fruit from 300 to 500 gr.;
- From 1 sq.m. you can collect up to 11 kilograms of fruit;
- The variety is not considered a hybrid, self-pollinated.
Sowing and growing seedlings
Tomato seeds can be purchased from such companies as: "Harvest Good Luck", "Aelita", "Siberian Garden".
The variety Japanese crab, like most large-fruited tomatoes, is grown through seedlings. For future seedlings better to buy special primer, for peppers and tomatoes. It should be a mixture of turf and humus lands in equal parts.For planting seeds for seedlings is recommended to purchase a special soil.
The composition should be disinfected one of the following ways:
- To ignite the composition in the oven at a temperature of 200 degrees;
- Spill pink solution of potassium permanganate;
- Spill boiling water.
Before sowing to disinfect the seeds soak for 20-30 minutes in a pink solution of potassium permanganateand then rinse in running water.
- Prepare special containers, such as plastic cups. Can be sown in the general container for seedlings.
- Ground in the container slightly compacted and well soaked. Make it grooves with a depth of not more than 1 cm at a distance of 3-4 cm from each other. Seeds are laid out with a step of 2-3 cm and sprinkled with earth.
- Container covered with film or glass. Before the emergence of shoots, the temperature is maintained at about 22 degrees, and the soil should always be wet. After the emergence of shoots, the capacity is set in an illuminated place, but in the first 4-5 days they try to keep warm to a temperature of 17-20 degrees.
- At night, during the entire period of growing the seedlings, the temperature is maintained at 12 degrees so that the plants have a good root system ... When the first true leaves appear, the daytime temperature is raised to 22 degrees. Bookmark floral brushes in tomatoes is directly related to light. The better the light, the faster floral brushes are laid.
- After the appearance of the second real leaflet seedlings diving.
- Top dressing should be made by complex fertilizer.
From seedlings grown in cramped conditions, low-yield plants will be obtained.
Most often, in a closed ground tomato seedlings are planted in the beginning of May. The Japanese crab variety plants require a lot of space, therefore, on 1 sq. M. landed no more than 4 plants.
The forerunners of tomatoes can be cabbage, cucumbers, legumes. The best soil is loose and nutritious. But on the open beds young plants are planted after the threat of night frosts disappears.
Shape the bush better in one or two stalks. Promptly remove excess leaves and stepchildren. Particularly intensively stepchildren are formed above the first flower brush, their regular removal improves the lighting of the shrub, its flow rate and increases the future harvest.The formation of the bush is best carried out in one or two stalks
Water the tomatoes should once a week better in the early morning or in the evening with settled water only at the root. The plants themselves are undesirable to water, it provokes the appearance of fungi.
In the hot period it is better to feed with nitrogen fertilizer, with an abundance of rain - potash. Feed the plants should three times per seasonmore often not recommended, because as a result, the growth of leaves will increase, and the ovaries will become smaller.
The soil around the plants is required mulchl mowed grass, sawdust, which will allow to retain moisture longer and increase yields.
The first brush with 4-6 future large fruits is formed above the eighth or ninth leaf, the next - every two leaves. Indeterminate bush will give about 11 brushes. Since the fruits are large and heavy, the garter of the hands is obligatory.
If during the formation of the fruit the temperature drops to 4 degrees, the buds may peel off. It is this ability of abscission of ovaries at low temperatures that is one of the main disadvantages of the variety.
Vegetable growers reviews
The absolute majority of reviews on the Japanese crab variety are positive. Fruit excellent sweet and sour taste, the pulp is dense, juicy, with a minimum of seeds, which makes them ideal for salads, cooking sauces and other tomato products.
According to reviews of culinary specialists, salads, in which Japanese crab added tomatoes, retain high taste qualities and presentation for longer.
Japanese crab bred for Siberian latitudes resistant to vertex and root rot, tobacco mosaic, late blight. But in a situation of excessive humidity, for example, with prolonged rainy weather, phytophthora may still appear.
In order to prevent the development of the disease, one should immediately after the appearance of the first signs of the disease begin to treat the plants with special means: Fitosporin, Trichopol and ash. Spraying of plants is carried out every three days.
The variety of Japanese crab does not require special skills in its cultivation; it is only necessary to observe the proper agricultural practices of indeterminate crops and to do this by putting soul into the process. And then he will surely please vegetable growers with an excellent harvest of delicious pink claw fruits.