On the eve of the summer season, gardeners are faced with the question of choosing a variety of tomatoes. Every year, new products appear on the seed market. Many traditionally acquire proven seeds, others prefer to search for the best grade. It is useful for them to pay attention to the Tanya F1 hybrid of the Dutch firm "Seminis Vegetable Seeds", the description and characteristics of which you will learn from the article.
Characteristics and description of tomato varieties Tanya
The undersized hybrid Tanya F1 is intended for cultivation in open ground throughout Russia, in regions with a cold climate it grows well in greenhouses. Recently it is listed in the State Register of the Russian Federation.
The plant belongs to the determinant type with a height of 50-60 cm, it is a standard one. Bush with leaves of dark green color and powerful root system. The initial brush originates above the seventh leaf. The following brushes will be tied in one, two sheets. The brush is formed from 4-5 round tomatoes of bright red saturated color.
The weight of an average tomato is from 130 to 180 g. The flesh is strong, of exquisite sweet taste. Small tomatoes are ideal for fresh consumption and canning. Used to make tomato juice and paste. The variety has an average ripening period, with a period of 72-75 days. Productivity to 3 kg from a bush.
Pros and cons varieties
Advantages of tomatoes Tanya F1 can be called:
- high productivity with compactness of the bush and a small acreage;
- harmonious ripening;
- heat resistance;
- resistance to major diseases;
- the crop is well stored and carries transportation;
- care of the plant does not include staining and the formation of a bush;
- the versatility of the use of fruits in harvesting and natural form.
Some disadvantage is the need to use support for stems covered with tomatoes, in order to avoid their breakage.Tanya's tomato in the cut
Agricultural cultivation tomato
Tomato is grown in seedlings. The optimal time for sowing seeds is the first decade of March or 50-60 days before the intended planting of seedlings into the ground. Pre-treatment of seeds with growth biostimulants is recommended. Seeds are sown to a depth of 0.5-1 cm in boxes with ready peat mixture.
The ideal soil composition for growing seedlings can be obtained by adding vermiculite to it, it will make the soil loose. For friendly shoots provide the necessary conditions with the air temperature in the room +24 degrees, humidity 80%. Watering with warm water is carried out with caution, not often.
Dive seedlings in the stage of 2-3 true leaves in separate containers. When carrying out picks, the main root is pinched. Next, monitor the temperature, humidity, proper lighting. Conduct the necessary feeding.
Hybrid Tatyana F1 planted on sunny beds with fertile soil. For this variety, high temperatures, above 32 degrees, and low temperatures are dangerous. In either case, you will need shelter. The soil should be loose, moist.
Planted seedlings in open beds in the second decade of May with sufficiently heated soil. When planting tomatoes in the greenhouse, this operation is performed earlier.
Visually, the readiness of seedlings for planting in the ground is determined by the presence of 9-10 sheets with the first flower brush and stem of sufficient thickness.
- Pollination of inflorescences occurs independently. Optimal conditions for pollination: a temperature of +25 degrees and a humidity level in the range of 60-80%. When grown in greenhouses resort to additional measures to attract insects and the application of the method of vibration by shaking the branches of a bush or trellis. Reception of vibration is carried out 2-3 times a week in the morning after fruit picking.
- It is shown not frequent, but abundant watering with distilled water once a week. Not regular watering is dangerous cracking tomatoes.
- Tomato Tanya F1 does not need to be staved, but the installation of supports for the branches with fruits is necessary.
- Growing tomatoes in greenhouses requires regular ventilation to achieve the required temperature and humidity level. In open beds, plant shelters are necessary when there is a threat of frost.
- In the initial stage of growth and in the fruiting stage, the tomato needs mineral supplements most of all. With nitrogen, you need to work carefully, the excess will go into a riot of foliage. Often used water infusions of mullein, bird droppings, herbs. Complex mineral fertilizers, as well as boric acid, copper sulphate, manganese, and iodine are added to plant nutrition with microelements. Important feeding ash. The tomato is acutely responsive to unbalanced feeding, so the selection of elements should be carried out correctly.
- Experienced gardeners are pruning flowers in brushes for uniform fruit development. On the first two brushes, 4-5 colors should be left, and on the next 5-6. This procedure will provide the remaining fruits with good nutrition. The result will be high-quality fruit.
Hybrid Tanya F1 is tolerant to most dangerous diseases of tomatoes. But preventive treatments will not be redundant. Ecological treatments with broth of onion and garlic husks with the addition of manganese are useful. If there are signs of a fungus, Fitosporin is effective.
When cultivating tomatoes, a noticeable deviation from the norm of air temperature and humidity indicators leads to diseases and yield loss. Every gardener should remember this.
Dutch Breeders Tips
Some secrets of the Dutch technology of cultivation of tomatoes for high yield:
- Drainage is placed at the bottom of the seed box, from above wet mineral soil, seeds are sown, sprinkled with vermiculite and sand;
- Mineral wool is used for rooting seedlings to prevent pests;
- In the greenhouse you need to attract insects for pollination;
- for the growth of healthy and strong bushes, it is important to remove excess seedlings and ovaries in time;
- seedlings are fed comprehensively with special fertilizers with the necessary elements;
- according to the Dutch technology during the day the air temperature should be constant around + 17-18 degrees, the humidity of the air is at least 65%;
- watering is carried out by drip;
- the harvest is taken in the morning every day;
- for quick ripening of late fruits, ethylene is applied to the stem of the plant, the bush is wrapped with a film.
Due to high productivity, good taste and minimum care requirements, the Tanya F1 hybrid of the Dutch selection becomes more popular among domestic gardeners.