Parsley is the most popular seasoning. It is added to various dishes, and also they make healthy shakes from it. Root varieties are special, as it is possible to eat not only the upper part, but also the root itself.
What parsley is called root
This plant is two years old culture. Its height reaches one meter. In addition to the outlet forms powerful rootwhich is quite often used in cooking as a seasoning.
Stems erect and branched. The leaves are shiny dark green color of a triangular shape. The fruit has a longitudinal shape in the form of eggs.
Features of growing
Many who believe that the cultivation of this plant is quite troublesome and do not want to plant it in their area. But this statement is untrue. Since parsley care not much different from the usual varieties.Parsley Root Cannot Be Replanted
Significant differences can be considered:
- This type of parsley has a root, then it must be planted in a permanent place of growth. It can not be transplanted.
- All gardeners know that before planting the seeds must be soaked in water for two days. But this applies only to leaf varieties. Seeds of root species do not need this. Because during the soaking potassium is washed out of the seeds, and this will lead to a weakening of the plant.
Experienced gardeners in order to emerge sooner shoots are recommended to hold seed under hot water for about 30 minutes. Then dry and start landing.
Popular varieties of root parsley
Today, retail chains offer a fairly large assortment of seeds of different varieties. Among the most popular species are the following.
SugarSugar Root Parsley
Sugar - the species is one of the oldest representatives. It was withdrawn in 1950. The ripening period is 95 days from germination.
Root mass reaches 75 grams. It is famous for its versatility in its tasty roots and foliage.
This late ripening variety is very popular among summer residents. Maturation occurs through 170 days after the appearance of the first shoots. Bushes are powerful and sprawling.
The mass of one fruit is 230 grams. With one square meter you can get 5 kilograms of a good and long-stored crop.Alba
Mid-season variety ripening takes 130 days. Bushes lush sprawling with aromatic leaves.
Fruits are tapered 120 grams and 23 centimeters long. Roots can be eaten both raw and tinned. The yield is 3.5 kg per square meter.Fruitful
Landing in the winter
As you know parsley can be planted autumn and spring. According to many gardeners, planting under the winter is the best option. Planted seeds give much better shoots. Plants grows strong and resistant to many diseases.
Choosing a landing site
This moment is quite important. This plant will grow well. in sunny open areas. Although a small shadow will not be a barrier to harvest. As for the soil, it should be with a low level of acidity and loose.
Begin training should at the end of October. The first step is to dig up the soil and fertilize it. As for landing time, everything will depend on the weather.
Sowing should begin when the soil freeze up 2 centimeters deep. As a rule, this is the first half of November. Seed material do not pre-soakotherwise the plants will not rise until frost.Root Parsley Seeds
During the purchase of seed should pay attention to the expiration date.
- In the ground it is necessary to make a neat trench distance between which should be 15 cm.
- Then the furrows are sprinkled with quicklime.
- Parsley sown in depth 1.5 cm.
- Trenches fall asleep and tamped.
- To protect against wind and cold soil should be mulched. As mulch is used humus.
During the landing in the winter you must use twice as much seed. Since in the spring can not ascend all the seeds.
Plant Care Rules
As mentioned above, the care of the root parsley does not cause much trouble.Regular weed removal is a must for proper care.
It should consist of the following items:
- Top dressing. It is one of the most important components of care. Fertilizers need to be several times a season. It should be noted that the plant loves mineral fertilizers. The first time feeding is applied after thinning. To do this, it is necessary to dilute 30-40 grams of complex fertilizer in ten liters of water. After the second thinning, 10 g of ammonium nitrate and 50 g of potassium salt or ash dissolved in a bucket of water are applied. And the third time fertilized with wood ash. Norm one glass per 1 m2.
- Watering. The norm for the season is 3-4 watering. In the case of a dry summer, their number increases. When this is poured into the soil 2 buckets of water per 1 m2. Irrigation should be carried out in the morning or evening.
- Thinning. It is held twice. The first time after the appearance of 1-2 leaves, the distance between the plants should be 3 cm. And the second after the formation of 5-6 sheets so that the distance between the plants is 10 cm.
- Loosening soil should be carried out after each watering or rain.
- Regular weed removal will ensure the likelihood of pests and diseases.
Growing parsley root is a fairly uncomplicated and interesting process. It is only important to follow the basic rules of planting care and then every summer resident can get a rich harvest. Which will delight him not only in the warm season, but also in winter.