Corado is a chemical preparation for the destruction of the Colorado potato beetle and potato cow in private farms, on private garden lands. It is also effective against other pests. This insecticide is officially registered by the state, freely sold in stores. Corado is a pesticide (that is, a toxic chemical), and its use is possible only according to the instructions.
Description and characteristics of the drug codo
Insecticide Manufacturer Corado - Russian company "Your farm" (headquartered in Nizhny Novgorod). Liquid; for convenience, the dosage is packaged in a package of various sizes:
- 1 ml ampoule per bag;
- a box of 5 ampoules of 1 ml;
- 10 ml vial per pack;
- 25 ml bottle in the box.
Each individual package is supplied with instructions.Korado drug
Liquid in an ampoule or bottle - a solution of a substance called imidacloprid at a concentration of 200g / l. This newest chemical was developed by Bayer, a German chemical and pharmaceutical company. Recently, the validity of its sole world patent has expired, and now Imidacloprid is free to produce and sell any enterprise. China produces large quantities and supplies them to other countries for packaging.
Imidacloprid belongs to the chemical group of neonicotinoids - artificial analogs of the natural nicotine alkaloid.
The alkaloid nicotine is contained in the tops of plants of the family of Solanaceae. Especially a lot of it in tobacco. Even in antiquity, it was observed that the infusion of tobacco has a detrimental effect on many insects. In the twentieth century, artificial pure nicotine was synthesized, but it turned out to be a strong poison not only for insects, but also for humans. Scientists have continued research and developed new substances - neonicotinoids, in small doses poisonous for insects, but relatively safe for humans and animals.
In the modern world, 5 main neonicotinoids are used to combat insects in everyday life and agriculture:
- thiacloprid (only for large agribusinesses),
- Thiamethoxam (Aktara),
- acetamiprid (Stozhar, Mospilan),
- Clotianianid (Apache, Bushido, Punisher),
- Imidacloprid (several dozen drugs).
General properties of neonicotinoids
- High toxicity for many insects gnawing leaves and sucking vegetable juices (including for the Colorado potato beetle and its larvae).
- The effect of "addiction" is practically not observed: insects do not adapt to poison.
- The chemical penetrates into the plant and spreads to the stems, leaves, flowers. Saved there for 2-4 weeks. Almost does not fall into the fruit and tubers.
Features of imidacloprid
Since imidacloprid is not protected by a global patent (unlike other "brothers"), it is available for any manufacturer and packager. Because of the competition, it has the lowest price on the world market. This chemical is widely used for treating plants from many insects: aphids, greenhouse whitefly, various beetles, flies, thrips, soil pests.
It is especially appreciated that the substance can be applied not only by spraying, but also when watering, treating seeds and tubers. It will spread through the vessels of the plant and kill any insects that will eat leaves, stems, and processed grains or tubers within 2-4 weeks.. Into the growing fruits the poison penetrates weakly.
Imidacloprid is part of many agrochemicals. That it is contained in the popular seed dressing treaters (Prestige, Taboo, etc.).Colorado beetle in the garden
Imidacloprid at a concentration of 200 g / l is a different name for each manufacturer. The company "Your farm" called him Corado, and other firms: Confideline, Commander, Tanrek, Bison, Imidor, Biotlin, Spark Gold. If Korado is recommended only against the Colorado potato beetle and apple aphid, then other drugs of a similar composition fight with different aphids, tsvetoyoyami, thrips, bedbugs, greenhouse whitefly.
That is why your farm has released two more drugs with the same content - 200 g / l of Imidacloprid: Cortlis (from aphids on currants, apples and pot plants) and Corado - protection against onion and carrot flies. The same manufacturer offers a two-part chemical based on Corado - "Zukobor number 1". To fight the Colorado potato beetle, the Stozhar is recommended, in which there is another neonicotinoid, acetamiprid: it is believed to be less harmful to bees.
- Spark Gold
Instructions for use of the drug from the Colorado potato beetle
The use of the means is more reasonable only with a real danger to the crop. It carries environmental risks and is not suitable for mindless prevention.
Use within three years from the date of manufacture.
Store in a room where it is not colder than -5 degrees and not higher than +25. Do not allow fire, do not burn.
The chemical causes paralysis of the nervous system of insects.
The Colorado potato beetle and its larvae die from direct pesticide exposure to them (contact influence), as well as from eating leaves (intestinal poisoning). The egg-laying does not suffer, but the hatched larvae also die from poison in the food (greens remain poisonous for almost a month after processing).
The 28-point potato ladybug is a dangerous beetle, a destroyer of potato tops in Primorye and on Sakhalin. Fighting it is similar to the activities of the Colorado potato beetle.
Aphid on the apple is destroyed at any stage of the growing season. It is advisable to capture it in the initial period of settlement.
- Processing is carried out once, at the first detection of pests on plants.
- Avoid windy weather.
- Before the rain should take at least 4 hours. Then the chemical will penetrate inside the plant, and the sediments will no longer weaken its action.
- Choose the evening (after 18 hours), in the extreme case - morning (up to 10 hours). So less influence of the sun and safer for bees.
- Temperature does not play a big role (optimal range is wide: from +10 to + 26).
Pesticide applied by spraying. Spraying should be fine (a broom is not suitable).
- In the ampoule (bottle) is a liquid concentrate, which is diluted with water - first in a small amount, then brought to the desired volume. Prepare the solution before work, do not store for a long time.
- Recommended dosage: 1 ml of concentrate per 4 liters of water.
- Landing is not necessary to wet abundantly. Enough surface spraying with a flow rate of 4 liters of solution per 1 hundred. If at least a third of the plant is processed, the desired concentration will be in the tissues.
- Corado is permissible to mix with fungicides (from plant diseases), except for copper-containing drugs.
In the first hours of the insects almost cease livelihoods. Total death occurs in 2-3 days, maximum - in 5. Protection against nascent larvae and newly arriving individuals lasts at least two weeks, up to a month.Spraying Potatoes from the Colorado potato beetle
- Usually, the drug does not irritate the skin, mucous membranes of the eyes and mouth, but it is better to protect yourself with standard protective clothing.
- All work should be carried out in the absence of children and pets.
- Do not spray flower plants frequented by pollinating insects.
- Do not allow splashes to other plantings, especially green crops. They quickly penetrate inside the plant, they do not wash off with water. Heat treatment (cooking, frying) will not help either. The pesticide is destroyed only from time: in the plant in a month, in the soil in almost a year.
- Corado is destructive for aquatic creatures. It is impossible to spray near water bodies, especially to send them the remnants of the solution. They are poured into a hole, covered with earth.
- It is allowed to go to the processed plantation three days later after processing. After 10 days, the concentration of poison in the leaves and tubers decreases. For insects foliage will be poisonous for another 10-20 days.
- Imidacloprid has the 3rd (middle) class of danger to humans, mammals, birds. Concentrate and fresh greens should be avoided. Symptoms of poisoning: breathing problems, trembling limbs, lethargy; in this case, an urgent appeal to the doctor is required, otherwise the liver may suffer. Prolonged food exposure to small doses can disrupt the endocrine system.
Corado is very effective in the fight against the Colorado potato beetle. It acts quickly, does not cause addiction, reliably protects the landing for another month. The chemical agent is used strictly as needed, with thorough observance of all safety rules.