President colonic one of the most sought after varieties in our country.
Proper care and compliance with the conditions of cultivation contribute to obtaining a bountiful and tasty harvest.
The variety was bred by the famous geneticist and breeder Kichin V.V. in 1974, by crossing the varieties of Abundant and Vazhak, having a kolonovoid krone.
The president is columnar unlike other types of apple trees has a small height, up to 2 m and a crown width of not more than 20 cm. It tolerates cold, is a frost-resistant variety.
Terms of ripening, region of growth
The main advantage of the apple tree is the beginning of fruiting is already 2 years after planting. A tree at the age of 5 years gives about 6-8 kg of crop, and with good care and feeding up to 16 kg from one tree.
This variety is most widely spread in the Central region of Russia, Samara, Moscow, Perm region. The Kolonovidnaya President feels well both in the Black Soil and in the Non-Black Earth.
Characteristics of the columnar trees, their fruits
Tree shoots have a solid, rigid structure. Foliage elongated medium size. Color is dark green, glossy. During the beginning of fruiting, flower formations cover the trunks of trees almost completely and evenly.
Thanks to durable and solid wood the apple tree is not afraid of strong winds and any other bad weather conditions. The branches are able to withstand even a bountiful harvest. The distance of the fruit relative to the ground is 30-40 cm.Thanks to durable and solid wood, apple trees are not afraid of strong winds and any other bad weather conditions.
Apples of this variety are considered large., approximate weight is 150-250 g, very fragrant. The color is greenish yellow or pale yellow with a slight reddish blush.
The shape of the fruit President kolonovidnaya round and symmetrical. There is no axial cavity, the skin is shiny, very thin and dense. The stem of the variety is not large.
The taste of sweet apples with sourThe flesh is white and juicy.
The advantages of the variety:
- small compact size, ideal for small areas;
- skoroplodny grade;
- good yield;
- good pest resistance;
- beautiful appearance.
- small period of fruiting;
- lower frost resistance compared to other varieties.
How to store apples
Fruit ripening at the end of August and mid-September. The smallest storage period is 2 months from the time of harvest.
The grade President kolonovidnaya perfectly is suitable for the use in any kind (the dried fruits, urochny), and also for preparation of any kind of house preparations.
Apple Planting Rules
Apple trees are planted in spring or autumn. In the fall, this is done in good weather before the onset of cold weather.
The end of September is the ideal landing time., the tree will have time to get stronger and strengthen its roots before the onset of winter.
In the spring landing in Aprilas soon as the warming comes and the buds do not have time to blossom.
Kolonovidnye apple trees planted tightly in a row, close proximity to each other will only benefit them. The distance between apple trees should be 50 cm, and between the rows is quite a meter.
One by one, the trees are not planted. The best location is considered to be near the fence of the site or near the path. Such a dense arrangement of trees needs full fertilizer and feeding.The best location of seedlings will be a place near the fence or near the path
Basic rules for planting:
- Saplings are bought in specialized stores, it is better to take one-year-olds with leafless trunk and wet roots. Young trees with dry roots need to be soaked in warm water for 10 hours.
- Before planting, the soil should be well fertilized. The small hole is pulled out, a sapling is placed there. The roots should be well laid out, and the root neck is 5-6 cm from the ground.
- All trees are neatly tied to pegs, to avoid damage from strong winds.
- Crown-shaped apple trees are very water-loving, but do not tolerate its severe stagnation at all. Therefore, they should be watered in moderation, avoiding excessive accumulation of moisture. Enough 1 time in 3 days.
Crop apple need only in the following cases:
- There are varieties that grow shoots, they must be pruned. The branches of the fruit are pruned every year into several buds. It is best to do this in springtime, when they are still green.
- Any damage to the fruit bud. In the case when several apexes will grow, the weakest of them will be removed. It can be used as a vaccination.
For good yields it is necessary to fertilize and feed the apple tree in time.
Do it in the spring with:
- poultry manure or litter (for 1 apple-tree, 5 fertilizer buckets, 1 time per month);
- potassium-phosphorus mixture (for 10 l of water - 70 g of sulphate and 100 g of superphosphate, 4 buckets for 1 apple tree once a month).
Apple pruning President:
Diseases and pests
I lay eggs on the bark, mostly in autumn or spring. They feed on young shoots, not allowing them to grow and get stronger.
Methods of struggle:
- Kinmiks - on 10 l of water - 2 ml of the preparation;
- Intavir - 10 liters of water - 1 tablet.
Preparations are used before the apple tree blooms, first Kinmiks, after 2 weeks of Intavir.The main diseases and pests of the apple tree are: aphid, codling moth, creeper and tsvetoed and others.
Caterpillars live under the bark of a tree, laying eggs on the leaves or ovaries of apples. Podzhorka can destroy half of the crop, one caterpillar can ruin up to 3 fruits.
Methods of struggle:
- Mitak - 10 liters of water -30-40 g;
- Biorin - 10-10 ml of the drug;
- Sumi alpha - 10 liters - 5.
Spraying spend 15 days after apple blossom, repeating the procedure every 2-3 weeks.
Small individuals, 2.5 mm in size, live and winter in the bark of the tree and its cracks. Contribute to a sharp decrease in yield, interfering with the normal growth of apple trees and sucking all the juice from the leaves and buds.
Methods of struggle:
- Fas - 5 liters per 10 liters of water;
- Mitak - 10 liters - 20-40 ml;
- Sumi alpha - 5 g per 10 l.
Also in the fight against pest helps spraying apple trees with a solution of ash with soap and tobacco.
Beetle with a long proboscis, lives in bark and cracks of wood. May appear on the apple tree in early spring, before the leaves appear. Apple blooms is able to destroy most of the flowers or buds.
The larvae of the beetle are born 2-3 weeks after egg deposition and hide in the bark until buds appear.
Methods of struggle:
- Fufanon - 10 liters of water - 10 ml of funds, treated at the time of the appearance of the kidneys;
- Inta-C-M - on 10 l - 1 tablet, processing means is made during emergence of buds.
Reviews gardeners on the variety President kolonovidny
Olga P.: "This variety was planted recently, 3 years ago. I liked the neighbors' apples very much, I decided to try it too. I planted it, as it should be in rows, keeping a distance. I love the President very much, the apples are tasty and juicy. the main thing that the scab does not start. "
Dmitry N.: “My President has been making me happy with his harvest for 5 years already. In the second year after planting, only 4 apples matured completely, the year was not fruitful. But the next one is very much, but sour. I generally noticed that the taste is more dependent on weather conditions The rainy the weather, the sweeter the harvest. "
Maria K.: "I have 3 varieties of columnar apple trees. All fruits bear almost the same, but not too much. They almost do not differ in taste. I like the President with his dimensions. Takes up little space, the small distance between apple trees allows you to plant a plot more economically. very pleasant, especially during the flowering period. Apples are used differently, but they do not linger until winter. "
Roman V.: "The variety is not quite whimsical, it is also easy to deal with pests and scabs. The only minus for me is the low frost resistance of apples. And so, it’s not even a bad apple tree."
Variety President colonic has many advantageswho appreciated the gardeners of different regions.
Due to the miniature size and the early date of the onset of fruiting for many years, this variety remains a favorite among summer residents of our country.