Cherry grows on almost every homestead and summer cottage. Gardeners' favorite berry blooms earlier than the first leaves appear.
It is believed that the flowering of cherry symbolizes the purity of life. That is why in some images of the Madonn babies are holding cherry berries in their hands.
The ripe purple and red berry is not only beautiful, but extremely beneficial for the body. A good housewife always stores berries for the next harvest.
How to quickly and easily remove the bones from the cherry at home?
Harvesting cherries for the winter is better without stones, as they contain a small amount of a substance that turns into hydrocyanic acid. In addition, it is more convenient to use cherries, cook pastries and other dishes without stones.
There are several waysHow to quickly remove bones:
- manually, with the help of sticks, clips and other devices;
- semi-mechanical. Adaptations, with the help of which the berry is inserted one at a time and a bone is pushed through;
- mechanical. The cherry is poured into a container and by pressing the lever the bone is removed from their pulp;
- electrical equipment for the separation of pits.
Based on the amount of harvest, wishes and free time, the mistresses themselves decide what adjustment they need to remove unnecessary drupes.You can remove the bone from the cherry either manually or using various devices.
Housewives recommend getting bones with the help of available tools:
- opened paperclip or pin. Holding the berry with your fingers, hook the stalk from the side of the stem and remove the bone. The advantage of this method is that the hole on the berry is on one side only and the cherry loses less juice. At the same time, it takes a lot of time; hands are soiled with cherry juice;
- with a pointed stick. A cherry is punctured with a pointed stick and a bone is pushed. The process is rather laborious, in addition, more juice flows out in comparison with the first method;
- with a stick and bottle with a narrow neck. Put a berry on the neck of the bottle and push the bone through with a stick. The bone falls into the bottle, the cherry remains on the neck. Enough original way, but a lot of juice flows out. Takes a lot of time.
Three ways to quickly remove a bone from a cherry!
Semi-mechanical devices to clear the berry
The semi-mechanical method is a device for squeezing the bones. Affordable devices.
Kostodava produced by many producers. Advanced sample kostodav - machine Chinese manufacturers Cherry remove. It allows you to simultaneously clean six berries.Cherry Remove semi-mechanical device allows you to clean 6 berries at once
Cherry is inserted into special rounded containers with a hole below the bones. Below is a closed container, where the bone is squeezed out and juice is collected.
The second part of the device is a cover on which there are six metal rods with jagged tips.
The lid is lowered and 6 stones are squeezed out immediately.. Conveniently, the speed of the process increases and the juice does not spread, but is collected in a container.
Mechanical cleaning device
The mechanical method of extracting pits from cherries is that the berry is poured into a container. With the help of the gutter one moves to the nest for cleaning.
The stone is removed by pressing the springy lever top and falls into a plastic container. Berry through another chute falls into a separate bowl.
All plastic elements of the device are made of tested food materials. Metal parts, for example, extrusion rods, from metal that does not oxidize.
Consider some samples:
- Cherry Corer. Food plastic housing. Stainless steel metal rod. Compact, equipped with a special device for fixing on the surface in the form of silicone inserts. Easy to clean and leaves no traces of juice on the table;
- core remover Cherry and Olive corer. It differs from the previous version by the material of food grade plastic. It is translucent, which allows you to monitor the process and control it;
- Leifheit cherries. German manufacturer. The principle of operation as with all mechanical machines. Differs in a softer stroke of the lever and a transparent container for collecting stones.
Mechanical machines for extracting pits from cherries greatly accelerate the process of processing cherries. Leave no pollution, the juice flows into the container.
Convenient to use, safe. You can trust your grandchildren this interesting activity. Available at a price. Easy to wash. For an hour with these devices you can handle a bucket of cherries.
Electrically driven machines for removing pits from cherries and cherries used most often for large volumes.
The principle of the machine: the berry is poured into a wide feeding gutter, where it is distributed in a row. Through the gutter cherry falls on a rotating drum, plastic or metal.
The drum is provided with recesses for fixing cherries. Synchronously with the movement of the drum metal rods are lowered, which push the bone.
The berry remains on the toothed rod, after which it is sent to a collecting container. The process is continuous..
The drum is closed by a removable metal case. All parts of the equipment are made of stainless food alloys. Easy to clean, parts disassemble and wash.Electric machines for separating pits from cherries are expensive, used for large volumes of products
The cost of electrical equipment Significantly different from mechanical pitting machines.
Pitting machine for cherry, sweet cherry and cherry plum 100 kg / hour, Uzhgorod. Adapted to remove pits of different diameters. Handles up to 100 kg / hour. The internal drum membrane is made of plastic. The case is folding.
German machine to remove pits Shelden. Productivity is 70-90 kg / h. The principle of operation is the same, additionally equipped with stainless containers for receiving pitted cherries.
Cherry puree as a means to separate the flesh
For making cherry puree you can use a chopper or blender. It is enough to slightly twist the berries to separate them from the drupes. Then wipe through a colander.
The bones will remain in a colander and mashed potatoes in a container. It turns out beautiful mousses and jelly.
Advantages and disadvantages of scrap devices
Each of these methods helps to extract the bone from the cherry. Consider in terms of strengths and weaknesses.
- merits: does not require any additional costs. Pierce the cherry on one side only, making the fruit more juicy;
- disadvantages: takes a long time. Juice sprinkles around the place of processing, dirty hands.
Semi-mechanical method: not much different from manual, only a little accelerated process.Each method of extraction of seeds has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Mechanical method of pitting:
- dignity: for your household is the best option. The machine is inexpensive. Significantly increases the speed of processing berries. Juice does not spread and does not splash. Convenient to use. Compact and easy to clean;
- limitations. Sometimes the berries accumulate in the feeding mechanism and must be sorted manually.
Electrical equipment for bone removal:
- dignity. The speed and volume of processing is undoubtedly the main advantage of the equipment;
- limitations. High price. For home use there is no need to purchase such equipment, but it is justified for small industries, cafes, restaurants, etc.
Cherry is the most common berry. It has healing properties. The berry contains many amino acids, trace elements and pectins.
Cherry is useful in any processed form. Cherry jam pitted in winter will remind summer days in the country. Cherry juice will replenish the body with vitamins in the winter and spring season.
Frozen cherries will be a wonderful filling for home-made baking, therefore, any hostess is useful for removing bones.