Hazelnut, or hazelnut, is the fruit of a major hazel and is now widely used as a separate food product, and as ingredients or raw materials for the manufacture of other dishes and products.
Hazelnuts are fried, dried, the oil is extracted from it and simply eaten raw.
This product has a large number of substances useful to humans., strengthening the general condition of the body and stimulating the work of individual organs.
Calorie raw hazelnuts
The caloric content of any food product is determined by the energy absorbed by the body when it is consumed.
It is expressed in kilocalories. and can be calculated depending on the quantitative ratio in the product of proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
So, in carbohydrates and proteins, it is 4 kcal / g., And in fats - 9 kcal / g. Accordingly, the more fat there is in a food product, the higher its energy value will be and the more calories it will give to the body.
The composition of hazelnuts in terms of 100 grams The product is as follows:
- proteins - 14.94 grams;
- fats - 60.75 grams;
- carbohydrates - 16.7 grams.
The rest of the composition consists of dietary fiber (9.7 grams), water (5.31 grams) and ash (2.29 grams).The caloric content of hazelnuts is 628 kcal per 100 grams, the nut is a more nutritious product than meat
Hazelnut is a product rich in vitamins.Among which are the following:
- vitamin A (beta carotene);
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine);
- vitamin B2 (riboflavin);
- vitamin b5 (pantothenic acid);
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine);
- vitamin B9 (folic acid);
- vitamin PP;
- vitamins C, E, K, choline.
Contains a nut and a large amount of polyunsaturated fatty acids: stearic, oleic and palmitic.
Hazelnut also has a fairly large number of amino acids., called indispensable due to the fact that they can not be produced by the body, and come to us only as part of food:
- isoleucine, which helps produce blood hemoglobin;
- leucine, which has a general strengthening effect on human immunity;
- lysine, which has a positive effect on male potency, improves the condition of the skin, hair, bones, by promoting the absorption of calcium by the body;
- tryptophan, which stimulates the production of the hormone of joy (serotonin);
- methionine, which improves the functioning of the liver and digestive tract;
- threonine, contributing to the formation of collagen and elastin;
- phenylalanine, which improves human memory.
The benefits and beneficial properties for the body of men, women and children
Mostly hazelnut eaten raw or fried. It should be noted that in its raw form it will contain more nutrients, some of which are lost during the heat treatment process.
Besides, the fried product will contain more calories.
The filbert possesses such useful properties for an organism:
- when used, even in a small amount can quench the feeling of hunger;
- helps to recover from past illnesses and operations that weaken the body;
- prevents anemia and helps fight it;
- strengthens the muscles of the heart, the walls of blood vessels and capillaries, makes them more durable;
- helps fight varicose veins;
- nourishes the body with nutrients;
- helps with thrombophlebitis;
- strengthens the muscular tissue of the body, so that hazelnuts are especially useful for people who are associated with heavy physical exertion;
- improves the gastrointestinal tract, promotes intestinal peristalsis, due to the presence in its composition of a large amount of fiber;
- the presence of hazelnut rather rare substance paclitaxel has pronounced antioxidant properties. This compound prevents the formation of cancer tumors and is able to actively fight cell mutation;
- positive effect on the work of the brain, increasing its efficiency;
- helps to get rid of existing toxins and slags;
- helps in the fight against such disorders of the nervous system as insomnia, restless or depressed state, recurrent and persistent headaches, improves the functioning of the central nervous system;
- helps to eliminate avitaminosis and is an effective means of its prevention;
- is an effective antiparasitic and antihelminthic effect;
- Peanut oil based ointment is a good burn remedy;
- Separately isolated hazelnut substances are used in cosmetology to improve the condition of hair and combat skin problems.
Speaking about the benefits of hazelnuts, should be noted separately its positive impact on the overall health of children, expectant mothers and the development and formation of the fetus during pregnancy.
The hazelnut also helps to form the skeleton and bone tissue of the child, its nervous system. In addition, hazelnuts can often be used as vitamins, which are now increasingly prescribed to future moms.
After giving birth eating hazelnuts for a nursing mother is also very helpful. - hazel has the ability to stimulate milk production during the lactation period of a woman; moreover, the milk itself becomes more nutritious and contains more beneficial substances for the infant.
Equally beneficial is hazelnut and for men's health. - the phytosterol component contained in it significantly lowers the level of cholesterol in the blood, which is an important feature in the prevention of various prostate diseases.
Also nut due to its composition promotes the development of a sufficient amount of male hormones, increases the duration of sexual intercourse and improves the quality of sperm.
Contraindications and possible harm
When eating hazelnuts, you should know that the optimal amount is 50 grams per day (already in purified form).
In addition, caution should be taken to their use, or even completely excluded from the diet, people:
- with individual intolerance or allergic reactions to its use;
- contraindications are diseases of the pancreas, liver.
You should also know that excessive use of hazelnut can be harmful - lead to spasm of blood vessels of the head and, consequently, to a headache.
Recipes used in traditional medicine
For children of primary and secondary school age, as well as for knowledge workers it will be useful to use the next drink.
Fry 50-60 grams of nuts, ground in a mortar with a small amount of vanilla and combine with half a liter of hot milk.
Add two tablespoons of honey, insist for 15-20 minutes and use two or three times a day.
With increased pressure You can use the following infusion. A tablespoon of hazelnut flakes is poured with a glass of milk, brought to a boil, infused for half an hour.
Then filter, add two tablespoons of honey and take half a glass a day in small portions.Hazelnuts are used in the recipes of traditional medicine as face masks, tinctures and decoctions.
Infusion, used for overwork, nervousnesswith urolithiasis. The kernels are cut and soaked in water overnight, then ground in a mortar with vanilla, mixed with hot milk in the amount of half a liter with the addition of two tablespoons of honey.
Insist 15 minutes and take two to three times a day.
For face skin it will be useful to use the following mask. based on hazelnuts with an apple. Half a cup of apple peel is minced in a meat grinder, squeezed out of the resulting mass through several layers of gauze juice.
Two-thirds of a cup of hazelnuts are carefully ground and mixed with pressed apple mass, after which the resulting mask can be applied to the face.
Maintain it for 15-20 minutes, then wash off with cool water and wipe with a tonic for the face.
Hazelnuts are a friend to the heart:
Thus, due to its composition hazelnut is useful for human consumption as a food product, and as a therapeutic agent used for the treatment and prevention of a large number of diseases.